ARNETTE® 20TH ANNIVERSARY 90’s PHOTO CONTEST
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
A purchase does not improve your chances of winning.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter® or Instagram®.
You understand you are providing your information to
Sponsor, and not to Twitter or Instagram and such information will be used for the purposes of recording participation in the Contest and winner notifications.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION/ENTRY PERIOD: The Arnette 20th Anniversary 90’s Photo Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 10:00:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 8, 2012, and ends 11:59:59 PM PST on November 20, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
· The Entry Period (“Entry Period”) begins on November 8, 2012 and ends on November 20, 2012.
· The Judging Period (“Judging Period”) will be on Wednesday November 21, 2012.
· Winners will be announced on or about Wednesday November 21, 2012 or Thursday November 22, 2012.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and of the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and its parent company, their immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
3. CREATING YOUR ENTRY: To enter the Contest, take a photo of what made the 90’s special for you. Judging will be based on: a) photo originality; and, b) creativity.
§ Entries must be original, owned by you, and not previously published.
§ Do not feature images of any person other than yourself and/or your immediate family or friends age 18 or older. By including any such person in your submission, you warrant you have their express permission to appear and can provide written documentation of such if requested by the Sponsor.
§ Entries will be deemed void if they include any material that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is immoral, sexually explicit, disparaging of any minority group, defamatory, infringing, in violation of any third party rights, in violation of any other law, or inconsistent with the image of Sponsor.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Login to your Twitter or Instagram account and Tweet (Twitter) or upload photo to Instagram of what made the 90’s special to you, with the hashtag #Arnette90s, to be entered to win a pair of tickets to the Arnette VIP 20th Anniversary Party which will be held at Belly Up (143 South Cedros Avenue Solana Beach, CA 92075). There is no entry limit. Submissions will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. If there are multiple individuals appearing in a winning submission, the prize will be awarded to the individual who owns the Twitter or Instagram account from which the photo is submitted.
5. JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: All eligible Arnette 20th Anniversary 90’s submissions received will be judged and weighted as follows by Sponsor’s Judging Panel:
· Photo Originality: (50%)
· Creativity: (50%)
Judging will take place on Wednesday November 21, 2012 and the five (5) entrants with the highest score in creativity will be deemed the potential winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
6. TIEBREAKER: In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in creativity will be deemed the winner.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Five (5) potential winners will be notified by email on or about November 21, 2012. Except where prohibited by law, the potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner does not meet these requirements within the specified period, an alternate potential winner will be named.
8. PRIZE: Five (5) winners will each receive two (2) tickets to the Arnette VIP 20th Anniversary Party at Belly Up (143 South Cedros Avenue Solana Beach, CA 92075), approximate retail value (ARV $50). Travel expenses are not included in the prize package.
Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the prize by a winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prize will be shipped to winner’s address via FedEx mail within five days from receipt of affidavit. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total ARV of all prizes: $250.
9. ODDS: All eligible entries will be judged. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries. Sponsor cannot predict the number of contestants.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, including without limitation with respect to any third party website or service, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ISSUES OF LAW: By participating in this Contest you release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance or use or misuse of prizes, including any and all portions of the Prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants also agree that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from the Contest, the entries and/or its prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
All Federal, state, local or other laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted, taxed or prohibited by law.
12. GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrant agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Contest will be in state or federal courts located in California, and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
14. WINNERS LIST: A winner’s list will be posted at Arnette’s Twitter and Instagram pages on November 30, 2012.
15. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by the holder of the ARNETTE brand Oakley, Inc. (“Sponsor”) located at One Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA 92604.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.
Posted By Arnette Social on November 5th, 2012
ARNETTE® 20TH ANNIVERSARY 90’s PHOTO CONTEST