- A cookie is a small file, typically formed by letters and numbers,
downloaded on a device when the user accesses certain websites.
Cookies allow a website to recognise a user's device and track
users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify
users when they return on a website. Cookies do not contain any
information that personally identifies you, but personal information
that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information
stored in and obtained from cookies. For more information see:
Session and persistent cookiesCookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from the moment a user opens the browser's window to when they close their browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies - allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored for longer periods. For this reason session cookies may be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies.
- Persistent cookies – are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a website (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
- First and third party cookies
- Whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the
website or domain placing that cookie.
- First party cookies, in basic terms, are cookies sent by a website visited by the user or the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third party cookies are cookies that are sent by a domain other than the one visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate website sends a cookie through the visited website, this will be a third party cookie.
1. Session cookies:
Cookie Name Cookie Function Description _utmb Google Analytics used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends _utmc Google Analytics used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends PHPSESSID Used by backend server used to store the user's Session Id
2. Persistent cookies:
- - to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- - to track you as you navigate our website;
- - to improve the website's usability;
- - to analyse the use of our website;
- - in the administration of this website;
- - to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
- - to personalise our website for you;
- - [to track your browser across multiple websites;]
- - [to build a profile of your web surfing;]
- - [to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.]
Blocking/Managing cookiesYou may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For example:
- - in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector;
- - in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
If you do not accept cookies whenever you enter the site, you will see the vogue initial page]
Deleting cookiesYou can also delete cookies already stored on your computer: check the "Help" menu of your browser For example:
- - in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- - in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
- Contact Us
- This website is owned and operated by Luxottica Group S.p.A. with legal headquarters in Milano, Piazzale Luigi Cadorna, 3, 20123 Milano, Italy [identify company, partnership etc]. If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us at http://www.luxottica.com/getsupport.